Firstly, a warm welcome to our Indonesian readers....
I had Abby & Sarah over for coffee this morning (and Karen, briefly) with their babies, which was great fun. Who knows whether I will be up to it next Tuesday..... While they were here Jamie took Lachie to the beach for a run around.
Later in the afternoon the new dog kennel arrived - it took several blokes to lift the thing. I will have to take a picture of it and post it on here. Fortunately it fits down the side of the house so my eyes aren't assaulted with the view of it as I look out the kitchen window.
Got my first birthday card today, from Lone Star Restaurant. Apparently I can have a free meal there in the month of November, so long as I bring at least three friends.....
Then I got a call from a local photographer tonight - I had entered her competition at the Whakatane Business & Leisure Show to win $500 worth of family portrait. Anyway, apparently I am the runner up (I didn't know there was 2nd prize) and have won $50 toward a portrait and a photo shoot to the value of $150. Does that mean that my family portrait will now cost only about $400 instead of say, $600?? I shall have to make further enquiries. They wanted to book the sitting time on the phone tonight but I said (a) I will have to speak to my husband and (b) I am expecting a new baby shortly. They are going to call back later in the month.
You've got to be inventive to drum up business these days!
It looks like we finally have new neighbours next door. They have had the key for weeks as we have seen a van coming and going dropping stuff off. Yesterday we saw a great big removal truck in the driveway, and then another big one today (they must have a lot of stuff). Me and Jamie had been praying that a young family would move in and I am hearing the sound of children's voices (and seeing their swing set and kiddie pool over the fence)!
Jamie was at The Light Party tonight, helping Grant run a game. I only got one lot of trick or treaters knocking on the door and I didn't bother answering. Catch y'all later.
I had Abby & Sarah over for coffee this morning (and Karen, briefly) with their babies, which was great fun. Who knows whether I will be up to it next Tuesday..... While they were here Jamie took Lachie to the beach for a run around.
Later in the afternoon the new dog kennel arrived - it took several blokes to lift the thing. I will have to take a picture of it and post it on here. Fortunately it fits down the side of the house so my eyes aren't assaulted with the view of it as I look out the kitchen window.
Got my first birthday card today, from Lone Star Restaurant. Apparently I can have a free meal there in the month of November, so long as I bring at least three friends.....
Then I got a call from a local photographer tonight - I had entered her competition at the Whakatane Business & Leisure Show to win $500 worth of family portrait. Anyway, apparently I am the runner up (I didn't know there was 2nd prize) and have won $50 toward a portrait and a photo shoot to the value of $150. Does that mean that my family portrait will now cost only about $400 instead of say, $600?? I shall have to make further enquiries. They wanted to book the sitting time on the phone tonight but I said (a) I will have to speak to my husband and (b) I am expecting a new baby shortly. They are going to call back later in the month.
You've got to be inventive to drum up business these days!
It looks like we finally have new neighbours next door. They have had the key for weeks as we have seen a van coming and going dropping stuff off. Yesterday we saw a great big removal truck in the driveway, and then another big one today (they must have a lot of stuff). Me and Jamie had been praying that a young family would move in and I am hearing the sound of children's voices (and seeing their swing set and kiddie pool over the fence)!
Jamie was at The Light Party tonight, helping Grant run a game. I only got one lot of trick or treaters knocking on the door and I didn't bother answering. Catch y'all later.
No comments:
Post a Comment