Yesterday, Monday 10 December, I arrived about 9am - Jamie had arrived a little earlier and had gone to get the moving truck. Just after I got here he arrived with the first load of furniture.
And now let me tell you about said house. I think we'll start with a "Good" list and a "Bad" list:
Bad:
~~Mouldy walls and ceilings
~~Some mouldy patches on the really old carpet that should probably be just pulled up
~~The previous tenants had been told commercial cleaners were coming in. Unfortunately they weren't told the commercial cleaners were only employed to clean the carpet and walls. So they just packed up and left. Oven sprayed, but not cleaned, dirty cupboards, dirty toilet, dirty bathroom.......
~~Smells not soooo good - because of the carpets being cleaned (least I hope that's the reason) - but hopefully we have improved that running 3 de humidifiers over the last two days. You know how some families have a funny smell? I hope we don't turn into the Smelly Kerrs!! I've been praying the fragrance of Christ will permeate the rooms!
~~The windows need repainting (here's an example) - one window has practically no paint and is rotting..mmmm lovely
~~The rubbish that Jamie picked up from around the section that will be removed tomorrow.
Here's a pic:
But, we are very thankful for the opportunity to live here, so now I will list the good:
Good:
~~Its a wee bit bigger than James St. The computer fits in the lounge. And the kids room is really big.
~~It has a great fenced back yard for the kids to play in.
~~The bathroom has only a shower over the bath and a sink - my cleaning is much reduced!
~~The neighbour came over to say hi tonight and commiserate - her house is much the same - and she says we can use their trampoline any time we like.
Jamie has already been doing some trimming of overgrown bushes and he is outside now doing the edges before mowing the lawn. Hopefully we will be the best gosh darn tenants this house has ever seen!
No comments:
Post a Comment