Saturday, March 10, 2007

Jamie practises Midwifery.

I flicked some of you a text on Thursday night about this, so here are the further details as promised.

Jamie was working all over the place last week and staying in Rotorua. On Thursday night as him and another guy were heading back to their motel, they saw a van on the wrong side of the road, with the boot up and a lady in the back. So they stopped to see what was wrong. It was very clear that she was having a baby! So Jamie went and called for an ambulance, by the time he got back the baby's head was 'crowning' I guess is the term, and then out she (yes, it was a baby girl) popped. Jamie wrapped the baby in his t-shirt (poor baby, it must have stunk after a day's work!) and then shortly after her midwife arrived and then the ambulance.

I'm not entirely sure he enjoyed the experience terribly much, although he sound pretty excited when he phoned me afterward!

No comments: