Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Last night and tonight Jamie is working late. So I've been doing the evening "hour of power" (as Jamie so aptly coined it) by myself - bathtime, dinnertime, bedtime - with the boys. Fortunately I've been reasonably well organised so it hasn't been too bad. The key is to make your dinner at lunchtime so all you have to do is heat it up at 5pm! Tonight we had "devilled sausage pie" which is basically devilled sausages thrown into a casserole dish, topped with mashed potato and cheese, and baked for 20 mins. Don't ya just love it? But it is soooo toddler friendly!!

Me and Jamie have been feeling a bit tired for the last few days - the boys both seem to be waking in the night. Lachie for no real reason - a bad dream maybe, or cold and Fletcher is either cold or hungry. Sometimes we can be up 3 or 4 times!! Its not like we have to spend ages settling them, just minutes, but the broken sleep takes its toll...Last night Jamie didn't get home till midnight, so when Fletcher woke at 3am I got up and fed him so he didn't wake the whole household!


Here is Fletcher eating a gingernut. They are so hard that he can't bite pieces off, he just sucks it away to nothing. And makes an impressive mess in the process!! There is gingernut all over his legs and hands. Note the remains of the gingernut stuck on his bib (bottom right). Fletchie is starting to roll over!! I found him on his tummy in his cot this morning. Also he is sitting up well.


Lachie on Sunday after church. He is wearing his new jeans.
He had been playing with the dog.
Lachie didn't have a sleep yesterday. Yesterday afternoon we took dinner out to Jason & Janie's, and I was busy telling him that he was to stay in the car, he could not go inside to play with Riley, as I was just going to be quick. When I hopped back in the car I realised he was fast asleep in his carseat!! The 10 minute trip had helped him nod off. (Anyway he was pretty grumpy for the rest of the evening and had a very early night).

I had better leave it there! I have laundry to fold!

No comments: